Spiritual affirmation is a statement that corresponds with higher truth. It is not an attempt to condition the mind, but to call forth a higher awareness beyond outer appearances.
Steps for working with an affirmation:
- Discern your growth area
- Draft a statement that draws upon higher truth (use I am)
- Speak it aloud. Feel it. Revise it.
- Write it out, place it where you can see it.
- Work with it each day after meditation – take it in, feel it to be true.
- Return to it throughout the day, and at the end of the day.
- Use it to free your mind from restless worry, doubt, despair.