[Practice 5] How to Use Affirmation
Spiritual affirmation is a statement that corresponds with higher truth. It is not an attempt to condition the mind, but to call forth a higher awareness beyond outer appearances.
Steps for working with an affirmation:
- Discern your growth area
- Draft a statement that draws upon higher truth (use I am)
- Speak it aloud. Feel it. Revise it.
- Write it out, place it where you can see it.
- Work with it each day after meditation – take it in, feel it to be true.
- Return to it throughout the day, and at the end of the day.
- Use it to free your mind from restless worry, doubt, despair.
I love module 5. I deeply resonates with me. I want to understand every aspect of this.
Greetings Merry, thank you for your post. It is an affirmation itself!
Thank you so much for offering these teachings. I really enjoyed Module 5. I liked how the seven steps to live a life of higher purpose were outlined, and then refined further into 3 small changes to start today. I sometimes find it daunting knowing where to begin, but I found your suggestions very helpful and supportive. Here’s to cultivating a “button-free” existence. Peace.
Beginning with clear intention makes all the difference. Then, follow divine grace and inspiration as it arises. Wishing you great success on your spiritual path.